Recommended website: www.openoffice.org OpenOffice.org [3.2] is the leading
open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets,
presentations, graphics, databases and more.
It is available in many languages and works on all common computers
[...] It can also read and write files from other common office software
packages [Microsoft (Word-Excel-PowerPoint), HTML, PDF, etc.]
It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any
purpose. http://download.openoffice.org OpenOffice.org 3 is the result of
over twenty years' software engineering.
Designed from the start as a single piece of software, it has a
consistency other products cannot match.
A completely open development process means that anyone can report
bugs, request new features, or enhance the software.
The result: OpenOffice.org 3 does everything you want your office
software to do, the way you want it to. Recommended
website: www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download Avast [5.0] Antivirus
Over 100 million people have avast
protecting their computers, making avast one of the world's leading -
and most trusted - antivirus programs [...]
- Automatic updates for greater user convenience and safety. Top user
ratings among free antivirus software.
- State of the art scanning engine provides reliable protection against
viruses, spyware and other forms of malicious software.
- Unique "on access" technology checks all kernel-mode drivers [...]
This enables even unknown rootkits to be
detected and stopped before they can do any damage.
- Code emulator: When a suspicious executable is encountered, avast! is
able to emulate the program's code in an isolated environment.
- Heuristics engine [...] to proactively detect malware undetectable
definitions [...] to cover both binary (executable) and script malware.
- Potentially unwanted programs detection [...] such as remote admin
tools and commercial key loggers.
- Boot-time scanner: Allows you to scan your computer for infections
before the operating system has
started and before a virus can be activated.
- Scheduled scanning: Allows users to define the scan time and files to
- Behavior Shield: Monitors activity on your computer using a number of
sensors and reports/blocks any suspicious behavior.
- File System Shield: Real-time scanning of opened/executed files. Real
time anti-rootkit protection.
- Mail Shield: Scans all incoming/outgoing e-mails for malware.
- Web Shield: Scans all visited web pages and checks all files, pages
and java scripts downloaded from the
internet. Thanks to the Intelligent Stream Scan feature, the Web shield
doesn't slow down your web browsing.
- P2P Shield: Checks files downloaded using P2P programs.
- IM Shield: Checks files downloaded while using instant messaging or
- Network Shield: [...] to block malicious URLs, and a lightweight
website: www.mywot.com The WOT add-on warns you about risky
sites before you click.
Protect yourself from online scams...spam and other Internet threats.
The WOT community has rated millions of websites so you can search,
shop online and surf without worrying.